At AAMC, the minute you walk through our doors you become a member of our family. Whether you’re a patient’s friend or family member, it’s our goal to offer the help you need to make your visit with us the best it can be. Please visit the links at the left to learn more about what to expect when you visit our hospital.
** Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, visiting hours will vary or may be temporarily suspended to
protect our staff and patients. **
Please call (864) 366-5011 for information regarding our current visitation policies. We appreciate
your patience and understanding.
We know that patients look forward to having visitors while they are in the hospital. Here are some visiting tips that will help make your loved one’s stay at AAMC easier:
- Limit the number of visitors to two at a time
- Keep visits short
- Occasionally a nurse may ask you to shorten your visit or to leave the room briefly.
- Make sure the person you’re at AAMC to see isn’t too ill to receive visitors. It may be better to send a card, flowers or balloons.
- If you are sick, please do not come for a visit.
- Knock before entering the patient’s room to make sure they’re not asleep or getting dressed or a physician or nurse is with them providing care.
- Be sure to check for any restrictions the patient may have before bringing a gift, especially food.
- Don’t talk about the experiences or problems of other people who have had the same health problem. Share positive thoughts.
- If a physician or nurse comes into the room during your visit, ask them if you need to leave for a few minutes while they care for the patient.
- Your loved-one is in the hospital to get well! Please keep your visiting time to a length that is comfortable for the patient.