Abbeville Area Medical Center and StepOne ServiceTM are now providing hospital-based medical detox!
The StepOne ServiceTM is the first phase in the recovery process for adults who are in the impending or early stage of alcohol and/or opioid withdrawal. Provided at Abbeville Area Medical Center, the program is a hospital-based, three-to-five day medical detox service that:
- Requires voluntary admission to the hospital
- Provides around-the-clock medical care by the hospitalist team and nurses
- Uses protocol-specific medications to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms
Individuals seeking treatment through the StepOne ServiceTM must be committed to staying in the hospital until they are medically stable. Once discharged from the hospital, they must be motivated to continue addiction treatment by transitioning to a service based in their community.
The process includes:
- Telephone pre-screening
- In-person assessment
- Admission to the hospital
- Medical detox
- Individualized discharge planning
- Post discharge follow-up
For more information, please call the StepOneTM care coordinator at (864) 318-9697 or click here to schedule a pre-screening.
Medicare, Medicaid & most forms of insurance accepted.