We know that patients look forward to having visitors while they are in the hospital. Here are some visiting tips that will help make your loved one’s stay at ACMH easier:
- Make sure the person you’re at ACMH to see isn’t too ill to receive visitors. It may be better to send a card, flowers or balloons.
- If you are sick, please do not come for a visit.
- Knock before entering the patient’s room to make sure they’re not asleep or getting dressed or a physician or nurse is with them providing care.
- Be sure to check for any restrictions the patient may have before bringing a gift, especially food.
- Don’t talk about the experiences or problems of other people who have had the same health problem. Share positive thoughts.
- If a physician or nurse comes into the room during your visit, ask them if you need to leave for a few minutes while they care for the patient.
- Your loved-one is in the hospital to get well! Please keep your visiting time to a length that is comfortable for the patient.