When you need surgery, you don’t have to go far to receive personalized compassionate care. The Surgical Services Department at Abbeville Area Medical Center offers a wide variety of both inpatient and outpatient surgical procedures.
Surgeons, anesthesiologists and nurses will provide you with attentive care before, during and after your surgical procedure.
Have questions about your surgery? We’ll be happy to answer them! Because we believe that knowing what to expect will make your experience a little easier, we’re available from 7:00am to 4:00pm. Call us at 366-3255.
Surgical services provided include:
- General Surgery – A full range of general surgery procedures including Endoscopy, Thoracic surgery, Lung surgery, open breast biopsy, partial & total mastectomy, lymph node dissection, needle localized breast biopsy, chest wall surgery, chest tube placement vascular access surgery, laparoscopic surgery, hernia surgery, cholecystectomy (gall bladder), appendectomy, anti-reflux surgery, GI tract & trauma surgery.
- ENT – Routine ENT procedures including endoscopic sinus surgery, tonsillectomy & ear tubes
- Gynecological - Advanced operative laparoscopy, Hysterectomy, Laparoscopic hysterectomy, Dilation and curettage, Laparoscopic biopsies, Hysteroscopy for uterine fibroids, Endometrial Ablation, Tubal Ligation & Surgeries for urinary incontinence
- Orthopedic - Arthroscopic knee & shoulder surgeries, tendon and nerve repairs, sports injuries, fracture repair & General orthopedics
- Scopes – Bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, gastroscopy, laryngoscopy & flexible sigmoidoscopes
AAMC Physicians Who Perform Surgical Procedures: (click on each name to learn more about the physician)
Scopes – Christopher Ceraldi, MD
ENT – Kevin Rust, MD
General Surgery - Christopher Ceraldi, MD
OB/GYN – Walter Bishop, MD
Orthopeadic - Lee Patterson, MD & Charles Gray, MD
Urology - Micheal D. Turner, MD