Tips to make bathing safer
- Use a non-skid mat or strips in all standing areas of the bathroom.
- Glaze bath tub or shower doors with safety glass or plastic.
- Install grab bars on the walls by the bath tub or toilet.
- Firmly install durable towel bars and soap dishes in the shower and never use them as grab bars.
- Keep electrical appliances away from the bath tub, sink or shower area.
- Set the water heater thermostat at or below 120 degrees to prevent accidental scalding.
- Use night lights to brighten the way to the bathroom at night.